Incorporation of The Kanesatake Health Center Inc.
In 2006, The Mohawk Council gave the mandate for the transfer of responsibility for the funding for health and wellness programs as well as the delivery of these and related services to The Kanesatake on the condition that the Center became an incorporated body. The Kanesatake Health Cnter recieved it's Letters Patent in August 2007, and has been incorporated since that time. A certificate of Continuance for the corporation under the new Corporations Canada's Not-For-Profit Act was issued in June 2014.
The Values which define our organization and services are:
Culturally safe care
Right of informed choice
The guiding principles on which we will successfully build and grow our organization, and deliver our health and wellness programs are:
1. All of our programs and services will provide culturally appropriate care.
2. We will provide quality programs and services using a holistic approach.
3. We will ensure that all clients are treated with courtesy and respect; and make certain they have the right of informed choice.
4. We will network with other community services and outside agencies as part of our inter-collaborative practice.
5. All programs and services will include components of language and cultural practice.
6. We will ensure that all community-based programs are universally accessible and inclusive to all community members.
7. We will endeavor to address the diversity of needs in our population through flexibility in our service delivery.
8. Comminity involvement will be at the fore-front of all our health planning.